Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, leveraging its global reach and extensive asset network to deliver for our customers around the world.
The Company is currently seeking an Assistant Plant Manager to support and assist management of plant operations and support in developing/administering production policies and programs, for a soybean crushing and biodiesel plant in Claypool, IN.
In addition, this position also ensures that standards in the following areas are met: emergency management, maintenance, security, facility up-keep, housekeeping and customer service.
Primary Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist in establishing performance objectives for operation, budgets and schedules, and ensures all required safety and environmental regulations are complied with, while producing the quantity and quality of the product required.
- Participates in long-range planning decisions, recommends capital improvements, cost reduction improvements.
- Develop and monitor production schedules to ensure that completed products are shipped on time and in accordance with customer expectations.
- Oversee the impact of operations on the environment by monitoring quality of plant effluents and emissions, coordinates efforts with Area Managers to ensure plant-wide compliance.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the facility; including with regards to Company policies and assures understanding, and promotes teamwork and implements beneficial training methods.
- Assist with employee development, personnel development plans, performance appraisal process
- Assist with staffing and recruitment efforts
- At least 3 years of experience managing an oilseed crushing or biodiesel facility outside of our organization OR at least 2 years of management experience at our Company oilseed plants
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of applicable government regulations, personnel policies, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations regarding EEO, safety, health and environmental management, etc.
- Knowledge necessary to accomplish the safe and timely start-up of a processing plant
- Ability to effectively lead Production, Maintenance, Laboratory, Utility, Environmental, Health and Safety Managers and Team Leaders by exhibiting high ethical standards, engendering trust and empowering subordinates.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders as well as work at heights, manage confined space entry, withstand extended periods of walking and standing; and move manufacturing materials, products and equipment of 50 pounds or more, which requires bending and lifting
Interested Applicants: Please click on the link below to apply for the role: http://www.ldc.com/global/en/careers/search-apply1/job-profile-v5/?roleID=994